Friday, July 25, 2008

Harold and Kumar go to office

Sounds like the latest Hollywood blockbuster ? Well yes , it is .. and this post is all about the Indian guy KK ( me , the Kumar ) and his flat mate Mike ( Harold ) . After making my first internship switch from SAP to Qualcomm , I checked into the new apartment given by Qualcomm , with all the enthusiasm in the world , humming a new tune and surprise ... I got a guy from Hong Kong as my roomie . Its always fun to have some one from a different country , but I never thought that it would be so much fun altogether. Day1 @ office , we were the last ones to check in there and when we reached the desk , HR girl , yes that cute one , smiled and said " You two remind me of that movie , the Harold and Kumar " and well , it all started from there . The name became a bit famous among our batch-mates . We were also excited about this ;-)
I have made my roomie listen to Hindi Songs , taste the Indian 'curry ' and now he has started craving for more .. dil maange more .. And I put on a smile when ' Dum Maro Dum ' flows out of his mobile when a call comes.Because of him , I have slowed down a bit , when I am talking ..but he says he has now got used to the Indian English . And he taught me Turkish Checkers ( a board game ) and some American History and culture . If you happen to visit our place , you may also notice that the wireless router is 'Harold and Kumar ' ;-)
San Diego had a lot of things to offer . Sun , Sand , Surf , Sea World and whole lots of out door activities . I did surfing for the first time in my life . Went for kayak in the bay , visited Sea World and Zoo , and whole lots of pristine beaches . I am extending my 3 month tenure here .. till December 2008 . Lets see how it goes.

3 comments:

Alpine Path said...

That's cool! Looks like you had an exciting summer and are awaiting an even more interesting fall :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

kollam nalla thudakkam

Anirudh said...

Interesting blog "Kumar" ;)

hope to see more of this..